Saturday, April 20th, 2024 11:30:35 AM EST

EGC Renewables

How the solar staker could look like

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gizfreak
    Participant

Artist Impression

• This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Gizfreak.

EGC Solar Staker Mobile

🙂

James Magee

I work on powering entire homes with solar. Can i build a larger miner like you see the rooms of bit coin miners? Of course all solar and wind powered with battery banks.

Of course you can, James. As I am sure you know, anything powered by non-renewable energy can be powered by renewable energy. 🙂

But the mining you are referring to is Proof of Work mining. PoW has ended for EverGreenCoin. However, one could PoW mine in a multipool and elect to be paid in EGC.

James Magee

Thank you. I am new to the whole idea of crypto currency but I am very interested. I have reviewed the information here more and believe i have more understanding of what is happening. With the program open on my computer is it already helping in some way? I know i have interest in adding value to the community if possible. I am familiar with trade vale, marketing, supply and demand as well as various other business oriented skills and ideas. I am also in regular contact with several other organizations across the U.S. and some in other countries, mostly working in renewable energy and human rights. If we can find a way to leverage this to help these various efforts grow it would be great and they would quickly adopt it if they see any kind of results. If i can better understand what is happening i may be able to get many others to help build this effort. As i said i am new to this but have business experience, with a limited supply do we need to create demand to increase value like with commodity trading? Or is it more like corporate security based on possession of physical assets and speculation of growth? Or a mix of both? I am just trying to understand so i can accurately inform others of what is being done here and so i have a stronger understanding of what i can do to help the effort. Thank you for helping me understand and answering questions.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by James Magee.

Hi again, James. 🙂

Yes, by running your EverGreenCoin software you are helping the network. Your software is yet another point other EverGreenCoin wallets can verify their copy with. Think of it as a power in numbers thing. Even with zero balance, every drop counts and does help!

When you have a balanace and are staking (earning interest) your EverGreenCoin, you help even more so. Because when you are staking, you are helping to process and build the EverGreenCoin blockchain. You are helping to make sure transactions happen securely on the network at that point. You are rewarded for this contribution to the EverGreenCoin network via your 7% annual interest.

It does sound like you will be a very valuable asset to the EverGreenCoin community, given your knowledge and contacts in the renewable energy sector and human rights. That’s awesome and I can’t thank you enough! 🙂

To your later question, I would say a mix of both. At this infancy of this amazing technology, no one knows where we are headed in the future. One thing is certain and already proven: We CAN and WILL do amazing things leveraging this amazing financial technology.

Do not feel ashamed about being new to this technology, few of us are not. The industry is exploding in so many directions, no single person has all the answers. Please do not hesistate to ask questions. The EverGreenCoin community is a kind-hearted group and very helpful. We have an impressive like-minded community. Some real ‘smart cookies’! 🙂 But don’t let that intimidate, we have all asked the same questions at some point or soon will.

Again, I see you as a very valuable asset! Not that each and every community are not valuable, but your knowledge sounds like you are in a unique position to make perhaps some ‘earth-shattering’ contributions. If you can make the community meeting (every Saturday at 17:00 GMT (1 pm EST daylight savings observed) it would be awesome to have you there. If more private communication is preferred or needed, please do not hesitate. I know we have spoken via facebook messenger. If that medium is preferred, that is perfectly fine also.

Thanks again! I look forward to our collaborations and discussions as we help make the world we live in a better place to live!

Great to have you aboard!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Putting economics to work for our ecosystem

By possessing EverGreenCoin you become the backing of EverGreenCoin. Your support in doing so helps all of our initiatives. By mining (aka 'Staking') you help even more and are rewarded for your computational work. Participants and donors are free to trade or sell EGC on the secondary markets. EverGreenCoin Foundation, Inc. does not receive any profits or financial benefits from these or any sale or trade of EGC on the secondary markets.