Friday, April 19th, 2024 06:22:18 PM EST

EGC Renewables

Beta development of the EverGreenCoin Solar Stakers.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I have received the 5 C.H.I.P. units to be shipped to the people willing to help EverGreenCoin with the development and testing of the EverGreenCoin Solar Staker.

These will be shipped to people possessing the skills to contribute to the project. They will be shipped by the EverGreenCoin Foundation as soon as possible.

The first batch of CHIPs for beta development and testing went out today.

I now have the LED on the C.H.I.P. flash when a block paces on the EverGreenCoin blockchain.

The user interface of the EverGreenCoin Solar Stakers is progressing nicely.

EverGreenCoin Solar Staker User Interface

I received some batteries in the mail yesterday. I still await delivery of some voltage regulators.

Voltage regulators finally made it in the mail today! Now that I have all the components needed, I will be getting the EverGreenCoin Foundation’s balance staking and sending future faucet payouts via solar power ASAP.

Here is the EverGreenCoin Foundation’s balance new home. As you can see, it is very much still a work in progress and I did go a bit overboard with the components, but I wanted to be sure to overshoot rather than under and know it would be up and running. Of course, as we get closer to a finalized parts list, a proper enclosure will be designed. Again, thanks to everyone who is contributing to the EverGreenCoin Solar Staker project!

For those that might not be familiar, I hold and stake the EverGreenCoin Foundation’s balance of EverGreenCoin. This is about 250k EGC and is 2% of the supply (13 million) generated during the Proof of Work mining phase.

I also send out faucet payments from the Foundation’s wallet usually, though sometimes I use my personal wallet for technical reasons.

I am very proud this is all now occuring via solar power. Of course, this is a ‘rough draft’, if you will, of the EverGreenCoin Solar Staker that will soon be made publically available for purchase. They will be sold at cost and only EverGreenCoin will be accepted. We are targeting a sub-100 dollar price tag for the EverGreenCoin Solar Staker.

Earn 7% annual interest! Just add sunshine!

Gizfreak
    Participant

Just to bring to your attention that it would be a good idea imo to get in contact with this project.

Thanks, Gizfreak! I have been in contact with them and hope for a speedy reply.

It is a very interesting project. We were just discussing how most people might run the solar staker indoors and how much less effective solar panels are behind glass.

Thanks for bringing this to attention! 🙂

pre-production solar staker

Crypto Bullion
    Participant

After being inspired by this project, I have ordered a raspberry pi 3. I am pretty well researched on solar applications and have done some minor tinkering in the past. While I would really like to get my hands on one of the ultra low power chips to be used for the official solar staker for now I will settle with a pi, since it has many uses I can re-purpose it later if need be.

Id like to keep the budget under 125$ USD for my own “clone experiment”. I have spotted 5V 5W solar panels on amazon for 20$. Also there are decent size battery packs for 25$+. My plan is to make a very small contained unit for the battery and the pi, so it can sit out of the sun indoors, and the small solar panel(s) I will hook up outside a nearby window.

This is no where near efficient as the official solar staker aims to be, but I like to tinker and I think this project is really onto something. Hopefully my experiment will enable me to contribute some helpful information to the solar staker efforts.

Pi kit = 50$ (more or less depending on the extras you want / need )
    USB Lithium Ion Battery bank = 25$
    Solar Panel 5v with USB output = 20$
    32gig Samsung SD card = 15$
    Total Im at about 110$ estimated project cost. I am going to search more for battery packs and solar panels to see if I can get more power within the budget. I would like to have the wiggle room to run an additional rasp pi when the system is built so I will update when I get closer to a final choice on the parts.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Putting economics to work for our ecosystem

By possessing EverGreenCoin you become the backing of EverGreenCoin. Your support in doing so helps all of our initiatives. By mining (aka 'Staking') you help even more and are rewarded for your computational work. Participants and donors are free to trade or sell EGC on the secondary markets. EverGreenCoin Foundation, Inc. does not receive any profits or financial benefits from these or any sale or trade of EGC on the secondary markets.