Thursday, May 2nd, 2024 04:05:36 AM EST

Proof of Environment

September 2023 PoE Accepted Work Shares

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Title: Tree planting event

Description: We planted and nurtured 5 forest and 5 fruit trees 3 months ago to mark ReFiLagos first climate event. These trees were dedicated to the ReFi friends in the community.

EGC address to be rewarded: EeBPxsG1cygiBvn3pW78xYAAV7kDR1jGR2

By: Adaeze

PoE Score:

Title: Mulberry Bouquet 💐

Description: I made a mulberry bouquet 💐 over the weekend and gave it to a fellow gardener friend, the bouquet consists of several cuttings of red mulberry in a bag with a damp paper towel surrounding the cuts.

EGC address to be rewarded: ERYonfBotWBF2bGZhEb48TAcAYQu5ZFBFQ

By: Doug, submitted by Steve.

PoE Score:

Title: Bailing Hay

Description: 32 tons, 64,000 pounds, of hay round bailed. 26, of 80 bailed, pictured on the truck and trailer.

EGC address to be rewarded: EcZxA3H5HLxY5QAT6eQZgeV3e67dHLKxcj

By: Jon, Rob and Steve

PoE Score:

Title: Making a Difference in Nakivale Refugee Camp – September 2023 Plastic Recycling

Description: Making a Difference in Nakivale Refugee Camp! In this photo, you can see the incredible impact of our recycling efforts in Nakivale. Together, we’re teaching people about the importance of recycling plastics and taking action to protect our environment. Through our dedicated team and community involvement, we’re turning waste into valuable resources. By collecting and upcycling plastics that were once discarded or burned, we’re reducing greenhouse gas. Join us on this journey towards sustainability! Together, we can make a real difference and inspire others to embrace recycling as a powerful tool for positive change. Let’s continue to spread awareness and empower our community to build a better world for generations to come. Keep up the amazing work, and let’s keep sharing the message of recycling and environmental stewardship! Original post in FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/926518345098342/permalink/969193220830854/

EGC address to be rewarded: EJ6SeeyE1EmoHhD2TwmjwG7DhEAUeDgog8

By: Léonce Bakenga (Author), Andrew Stanton (PoE Team Admin)

PoE Score:

Title: Growing Tomatoes In Malawi – September 2023

Description: I spended awesome afternoon looking after our ripen healthier tomatoes that was grown a month ago. Not only tomatoes are been planted in our farms but also other crops that include mustard, corn and cow peals. Original Post in FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/926518345098342/permalink/968341630916013/

EGC address to be rewarded: EWs2bC6TDjCUT81X8xjnzHfqgcai3zJ9GZ

By: Jonas Fadweck (Author), Andrew G. Stanton (PoE Team Admin)

PoE Score:

Title: Propagating Sage In Meadville – September 2023

Description: Today I took cuttings from my sage plants in the hopes of further propagating the plant. I took approximately 10 cuttings from the plants and because I heard sage was prolific and this is my first attempt with sage cuttings, I just decided to directly plant them throughout the yard in locations with moist soil and at least some shade. Hopefully I have some luck. Original Post in FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/926518345098342/permalink/969102574173252/

By: Doug Staab (Author), Andrew G. Stanton (PoE Team Admin)

PoE Score:

Title: Brought trash to recycling center

Description: Yesterday on 4th of September I brought a bag of plastics that can be recycled to our local recycling center on Koh Phangan island. It had glass bottles, plastic bottles and cans. I have collected them around my house on a small street.

EGC address to be rewarded: ERDXfMGwHtZoJdTch7PY4fz3WNS1TSVWe9

By: Lumina Envision

PoE Score:

Title: Beach Clean Up

Description: Clean up on the Hin Kong beach. Organized by “Clean Phangan” every Tuesday.

By: ReFi Phangan

PoE Score:

Title: Beach Cleanup

Description: Regular Tuesday 8 am beach cleanups organized by “Clean Phangan.”

EGC address to be rewarded: EJuSBS4iWYd8PvABwjQJnV9TfBMT62UY1M

By: Paul Burg

PoE Score:

Title: Tomatoes Picked 🍅

Description: Picked a fresh batch of tomatoes 🍅 for yummy salads 🥗 😋

EGC address to be rewarded: EQ7NjUeEbNeAXNzsTuFZTAYLdaa4S5tLik

By: Melanie

PoE Score:

Title: Food Security in Nakivale – September 2023

Description: What an incredible initiative! Teaching children about growing food in Nakivale Refugee Camp not only promotes food security but also empowers families with valuable farming skills. By cultivating their own organic food, families can become more self-reliant and improve their nutrition. This initiative is a beautiful way to foster sustainability, resilience, and community empowerment. Kudos to everyone involved in making this happen! Original FB Post in group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/926518345098342/permalink/971011277315715/

PoE Score:

Title: Turning Plastic Into Shopping Bags – September 2023

Description: In Nakivale refugee camp, recycling plays a vital role in addressing the environmental challenges and creating a sustainable future. These pictures highlight the efforts made to collect and process plastic waste, transforming it into new products. By recycling, we can reduce the amount of waste that ends up in landfills or pollutes the environment. Recycling is important for several reasons. Firstly, it conserves natural resources by reducing the need for new raw materials. Instead of extracting and processing virgin materials, recycling allows us to reuse existing resources, saving energy and reducing carbon emissions. Secondly, recycling helps reduce pollution and greenhouse gas emissions. When plastic waste is improperly disposed of, it can contaminate soil, waterways, and harm wildlife. By recycling, we can prevent these negative impacts and contribute to a cleaner and healthier environment. Lastly, recycling creates economic opportunities and promotes sustainable development. It can generate employment in recycling facilities, promote local industries that use recycled materials, and contribute to a circular economy where resources are reused and waste is minimized. To support this cause, we can start by practicing recycling in our own lives. Separating recyclable materials from our waste and ensuring they are properly recycled is a simple yet impactful step. We can also spread awareness about the importance of recycling and encourage others to join in. Together, let’s make a difference by embracing recycling and supporting initiatives like the one in Nakivale refugee camp. By doing so, we can contribute to a greener and more sustainable future for everyone. Original FB Post in Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/926518345098342/permalink/970903820659794/

PoE Score:

Title: Propagating Blueberries – September 2023

Description: This weekend I took cuttings from several blueberry plants of which had the best growth. Wrapped them in a damp paper towel until I was finished to preserve them. Then I prepared 2 pot with just a basic potting soil mix, water down with a liquid boni root stimulator. Next I read online honey could help with root stimulation, so I also dipped the tips in honey before plunging them into the soil. Then I covered them with the cut up jugs and don’t check for roots for at least 2 to 3 months. That my plan anyway.. Original FB Post In Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/926518345098342/permalink/970051370745039/

PoE Score:

Title: Saturday river area cleanup

Description: Saturday special cleanup at Shivari space. Dried river area.

By: EcoSynthesisX

PoE Score:

Title: Saturday river area cleanup

Description: Saturday cleanup organized by “Clean Phangan”. Dried river area.

PoE Score:

Title: Clean Phangan and Eco SynthesisX cleanup

Description: Saturday cleanup at dry river down from Shivari holistic center.

PoE Score:

Title: Vermicomposting

Description: Touch worms! Fattening up the worms for fall and winter. 🪱 Half head of lettuce. Cauliflower stalk. Cucumber peelings. Some cantaloupe rinds. Various other green bits. Frozen first, to accelerate decompression. I found another old branch from last year to take the leaves from for the browns. Finally, some straw to keep the stink stink to a min min. 😉 Oder has never been an issue.

By: Steve

PoE Score:

Title: Weekly clean up number 181

Description: Our weekly Tuesday clean up gathering number 181. Today, we cleaned the protected mangrove grove, a large stretch of the beach, and the roadside.

EGC address to be rewarded: EWtVmSQbrR7ZTxBgykbPKpgJtL2JZuDt7T

By: Clean Phangan

PoE Score:

Title: Tuesday Beach Cleanup

Description: Regular beach cleanup event on Tuesday organized by “Clean Phangan.”

By: EcoSynthesisX

PoE Score:

Title: Hin Kong beach cleanup 🧹♻️

Description: On Tuesdays, you can participate in a beach cleanup event coordinated by “Clean Phangan.”

PoE Score:

Title: Apple Pies

Location: Assembled in Marysville with components from Newton Falls. Ohio.

Description: Apple pies from a fallen apple tree.

By: Steve & Melanie

PoE Score:

Title: Recycling center

Description: My weekly trash drop off to recycling center. Phangan recycling centers accept PET bottles, aluminum cans and glass. But we don’t have here on the island a facility that work with recycled plastic and produce goods from it.

PoE Score:

Title: Collected Sawdust for Garden

Description: My friend and I went and gathered 18 x 60L buckets of sawdust from a local sawmill, I then applied it to the gardens around my house to protect the soil and enhance its water retention while also feeding the mycelium and the plants. I submitted proof to Carbon Counting Club on Discord, and Jim calculated it to be 250lb of carbon sequestered.

EGC address to be rewarded: ELmuo6usxv7dyjycrqxPvP6Zp4MPFskzi6

By: TreeDjinn

PoE Score:

Title: Cucumbers

Description: Picked some cucumbers. Unfortunately they were slightly overripe, but still had some good edible parts.

By: Melanie

PoE Score:

Title: Wild Lemon Clover as Chicken Feed

Description: Harvested some wild lemon clover to supplement my chicken feed, and give the chickens a treat. Original FB Post in group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/926518345098342/permalink/973267073756802/

PoE Score:

Title: Latchkey Children Making Turtles 🐢

Description: To celebrate Ocean Week, 21 children made Turtles. 🐢

By: Melanie and latchkey children

PoE Score:

Title: Individual unorganized cleanup

Description: Today morning I was passing by a hill and saw one spot which had lots of trash, seems like the land isn’t in use at the moment so no one cleans up. Luckily I had garbage bags with me and I decided to do that..1 bag of bottles and cans collected and brought to recycling center. 1 bag of general waste collected no disposed where it should.

PoE Score:

Title: Gardening

Description: I helped my neighbor chop and drop mulch around some blueberry bushes. I salvaged a garden that was to be removed at another neighbors and replanted all the flowers around my house.

EGC address to be rewarded: EJoaVY9BHHAE29ywEFnTVMREmVVxV6tFNx

By: James Magee

PoE Score:

Title: Cleanup at Summer Salts

Description: Thank cleanup started as preparing the venue Summer Salts for our ReFi Event on on Koh Phangan, but it turned out to be huge impact for the whole beach. Organic stuff and general waste separated, recycled items taken care of.

PoE Score:

Title: Donating Fall Decorations to a School

Description: Donated 10 straw bales, some pumpkins, and some gourds for Fall decorations to Mineral Ridge school. Here they are pictured for later pickup by a school employee.

By: Saxton family

PoE Score:

Title: Biochar Production

Description: After gathering some reclaimed hardwood timbres, I dug a fire pit in the earth to reduce oxygen flow to the hot coals below, preventing full combustion. I continuously added more timber until the pit was full of hot coals before quenching the fire with a bucket of water. Now I am fermenting some borage leaf which I will mix with some worm wee and chicken poo to soak the biochar, giving it time to soak up all the nutrients before applying the biochar to the soil where it can last for hundreds of years while increasing water retention and nutrients.

EGC address to be rewarded: ELmuo6usxv7dyjycrqxPvP6Zp4MPFskzi6

By: TreeDjinn

PoE Score:

Title: Avocado plant

Description: Fruits are now coming out for the 4th time.

EGC address to be rewarded: EJoGLFCRfukswQy8Mv4mqPzyaDRaQXybUU

By: ARINA GEORGE

PoE Score:

Title: Chicken rearing

Description: Chicken rearing.

EGC address to be rewarded: EJoGLFCRfukswQy8Mv4mqPzyaDRaQXybUU

By: ARINA GEORGE

PoE Score:

Title: Growing mushrooms

Description: Grew mushrooms from waste wood, they made a good dinner.

PoE Score:

Title: Mushroom

Description: After having a longer period without get rain now we are getting some Marshroom in rainy period in our garden. Original Post in Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/926518345098342/permalink/980852866331556/

EGC address to be rewarded: EUZN6zqPNZkyoyXwYgzE7Em7SfUJCacex3

By: Musa Lee (Author), Andrew G. Stanton (PoE Team Admin)

PoE Score:

Title: Gardening

Description: I took 30gal of waste wood chips to my friends to mulch around newly planted peach trees and some berry bushes. I helped thin out some turnips dug a small hole for him to make char harvested some cherry tomatoes and replanted turnips taken out at home. I also added 270gal of waste wood chips and harvested some more mushrooms once i was home.

PoE Score:

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Putting economics to work for our ecosystem

By possessing EverGreenCoin you become the backing of EverGreenCoin. Your support in doing so helps all of our initiatives. By mining (aka 'Staking') you help even more and are rewarded for your computational work. Participants and donors are free to trade or sell EGC on the secondary markets. EverGreenCoin Foundation, Inc. does not receive any profits or financial benefits from these or any sale or trade of EGC on the secondary markets.