Tuesday, April 16th, 2024 11:28:07 AM EST

staking installments

EverGreenCoin Forums Beginners staking installments

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello everybody.
    Here’s another question from a beginner… I`ve read the Wiki entry on staking with all its information about “how to stake” (https://wiki.evergreencoin.org/wiki/Proof_of_Stake#How_Do_I_Stake_with_EGC.3F). What I still don’t understand is: In my wallet, when I slide the curser over the little arrow icon, it always says that the next installment will be paid in one day, two days, sometimes 20 hours, 21 hours, or so (it’s a different information every time I try it – but that’s ok, I understand that that can be because of the changing “weight” of my coins, etc.). But it also said the same thing three weeks ago (always one or two days), and I have not received any payment/installment yet. Can anybody explain that to me?
    Thank you!!
    Peter

Hi Peter, those estimates are made from a greater number of variables than just your wallet’s many variables alone. All the wallets on the network that are actively staking at the time the estimate is made come into the equation as well. That said, the estimates will be reasonably accurate if you have your wallet fully synced and allow it the needed time.

Allow the software to run its course. Leave it running and staking consistently and as often as possible. Do not worry about the, what might inaccuratly be considered, “lost” time. Nothing is lost. When you do get rewarded the installment, it will account for all the time that has passed.

I hope that helps! Thanks for posting the good question!

Kindest regards,
    Steven Saxton

Thank you, dear Steven!
    Meanwhile, I have received my first installment. So, I now know that it actually works. 🙂
    Kindest regards,
    Peter

Very, very happy to hear it is sorted!

I would say, 9 times out of 10, applying more time is the solution. But, I understand, patience can be difficult. Especially when one is not sure patience is needed.

You’re very welcome and sorry if it caused any frustration. 🙂

Steven

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Putting economics to work for our ecosystem

By possessing EverGreenCoin you become the backing of EverGreenCoin. Your support in doing so helps all of our initiatives. By mining (aka 'Staking') you help even more and are rewarded for your computational work. Participants and donors are free to trade or sell EGC on the secondary markets. EverGreenCoin Foundation, Inc. does not receive any profits or financial benefits from these or any sale or trade of EGC on the secondary markets.