Thursday, April 25th, 2024 04:34:46 PM EST

Proof of Environment

April 2021 PoE Accepted Work Shares

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Title: Plastics all over

Other Information: Returning from the field where we plant trees.

By: Sorin

PoE Score:

Title: Recycling bottles and cans

Other Information: Recycling those bottles and cans from my previous photo. It was worth around 7 Eur in the end.

PoE Score:

Title: Recycling spent batteries

PoE Score:

Title: Salvage

Other Information: I salvaged this stuff from an abandon house. I will refinish and it will either be used by my family or sold.

By: Jim

PoE Score:

Title: Weekend trip

Other Information: My weekend trip to the mountains. The hike was to a peak called “the lazy one”. We managed to track some bear cub tracks and some nice plastics and litter. Lucky that there were some bags abandoned on the road and I was able to collect some plastics. One good news is that the nature is playing hard and it recovers quickly 🙂

PoE Score:

Title: Clean up walk

PoE Score:

Title: Donating clothes

PoE Score:

Title: Springing into life

PoE Score:

Title: Reforestation project update

Other Information: A short update on our reforestation project in Romania. We are getting close to 1600 planted trees in 7 sessions. Hopefully the other 1900 trees will be planted until mid May. The deers visited the site and enjoyed some oak bark and left some marks there also 🙂 Mimi, our dog collected some ticks from the grass so watch out when you go into nature as those tinny little creatures are now active again.

PoE Score:

Title: Short rainy walk. Much rubbish.

Other Information: EverGreenCoin EGC work gloves! Available soon in the reward center and at sponsored events!

By: Steve

PoE Score:

Title: Plant kit

Other Information: Sunflower plant kit.

By: EcoWealth

PoE Score:

Title: Through downtown Marysville, Ohio

Other Information: On my walk from a barbershop across town, I collected many, many handfuls and one bag (which was litter itself) of peoples’ rubbish. EverGreenCoin work gloves in the reward center soon!

PoE Score:

Title: Beach Micro-Plastics Cleanup

Other Information: It’s hard to solve a problem that we can’t see…
    Once you visit the beach with your micro-plastic hunting eyes on, you will never see a beach in the same way again. Much like picking up rubbish on the side of the road, you often don’t realise just how much there is until you start collecting it all. 
    Nurdles were one of the major culprits however there was also a lot of small pieces of plastics that seem to have broken of larger pieces while churning in the ocean before finally washing ashore.
    What are nurdles? 
    “Nurdles are tiny plastic pellets, and they are causing devastating damage to our environment and marine life. You can find them on your favorite beach, blending in with sand and shells. 

The first reported appearance of nurdles on beaches dates back to 1970. However, plastic production began in 1940, so it’s likely that nurdles have been entering the ocean since then.
    A nurdle is a small plastic pellet used to create virtually anything plastic. From plastic bottles to automobile parts, they’re widely used in plastic production. 

They are the raw material for everything that’s made of plastic. But even if they’re tiny, their damage is giant and immeasurable. Because of their size, it’s hard to keep them contained, and they spill into rivers, waterways, and the ocean. 

Nurdles come in all sorts of colors, and their size and shape make it very easy for marine life to mistake them for food. It’s been recorded that more than 220 species of marine animals ingest microplastics and plastic debris. 

Nurdles are made of polyethylene, polypropylene, polystyrene, polyvinyl chloride, or other plastic types. Also, in some cases, they contain different additives to create pellets of different densities.” – Ocean Blue Project
    Here is some of the plastics/micro-plastics collected from Seaford beach, Victoria, Australia

By: Joel Courtidis

PoE Score:

Title: Starting Geraniums

Other Information:

Geraniums are beautiful flowers that are easy to care for and propagate making an excellent beginner plant house plant, i do put many of them outside for the warmer months here in NWPA.

PoE Score:

Title: Clean up

Other Information: Cleaned up this old tv and other junk from the woods near my house. I am donating this effort to my local conservancy.

PoE Score:

Title: Earth Day Walmart cleanup

By: Jay, Eric, Steve

PoE Score:

Title: Glass recycling again

PoE Score:

Title: Registered with the Klima app to compensate for my CO2 emissions

Other Information: It’s a really easy to use app which I recommend that people install. Compensating for my (admittedly very low) emissions will cost me about 60 EUR per year which is very affordable. Installing the app and checking what it would cost you is free, and the money goes to reforestation and solar power projects which are carefully vetted.

PoE Score:

Other Information: Sunday walk to check the planted trees, foraging for some wild pansy and pick some plastics along the way. Wildlife seen during the trip: deers (4), hare, pheasant, snake, ducks and some other birds, a dead fox.

PoE Score:

Title: Garden view

Other Information: Flower gardens and native flowers make NWPA a beautiful place to live in the spring. I mow my lawn as little as i can get away with to allow wild flowers to grow.

PoE Score:

Title: Scrapin’

Other Information: Collected aluminum cans from several friends and family members houses and apartments all winter. Made $20 for lessening their trash-footprint. 10 full trash bags of 40 pounds of cans. The line was too busy for me to take pictures of the bags while unloading, sorry I could not. I did not want to be rude to my fellow scrapers still waiting in line and did not think to prior.

PoE Score:

Title: Quick clean up

Other Information: I had to give someone a ride to a bank. While I waited for them, I did a quick clean up along a fence.

PoE Score:

Title: Morning Clean up

Other Information: Grabbed 2 bags of garbage on the walk to work today.

By: Charyn and Kurtis

PoE Score:

Title: Local clean up

Other Information: Had fun with this one and took a dip in a deep ditch and got soaked 😂 you can thanks the husky pulling me.

By: Ashley

PoE Score:

Other Information: A visual gift for Jim: Some seedlings ready for the planting season and some greens in our raised beds. Best month of the year! April!!!

PoE Score:

Title: Landscaping

By: Blake and Jason

PoE Score:

Title: Coral propagation

Other Information: Started with seven rescued zoanthid polyps and now an nearing 100, soon i will be selling coral frags for fund raisers.

PoE Score:

Title: Discing a field, readying the canvas.

PoE Score:

Title: @CleanPlanet trash pickup

Other Information: Through www .joinseeds .com cryptocurrency  I learned about CleanPlanet on discord. An initiative to clean up our planet.  I entered some new challenges  of learning the blockchain technology, and started my adventure  in cleaning up my local area  of the garbage people so carelessly  leave behind.  It has given me an opportunity to start earning some money within my own schedule and abilities.The following link is to my new dtube channel  where I have done at least 2 trash pickup sessions in my neighborhood. And working on a 3rd! I know no one else is going to do it, so I might as well take the opportunity. At least I can do something decent with my time and energy and get paid.  Please visit the address below for the videos. https://d.tube/#!/c/kchheap111

By: Southeast Michigan

Scored as 10 because of late posting.

Title: Seedlings

Other Information: 74 tomato, 3 potato, and some ginger. growing some food.

Title: I built my own compost bin

Other Information: I have been involved in 4-H pretty much all my life in one form or another.    As a child and teen,  I raised and helped care for many animals  both wild and domesticated. Too many to count but I raised and fostered dogs, cats, rabbits, ducks, owls and other birds.  It is just part of who I have become.   I have won many ribbons for showing animals, making projects, growing plants, etc.    One year I wanted to start growing pumpkins  to sell. I set up a small garden. It wasn’t set in in a very good place, due to lack of sunlight.   So I gave up for awhile, and later set up my garden in another spot.  It was 8x12ft roughly.   And then after a few years  i expanded to another type of garden. I was watching many homestead  videos at this time, learning about permaculture   and different elements of this method.  In 2018 I decided  to build a large compost bin so i could collect more biomass than what I was collecting in garbage bins and allow it to “cook”  to start breaking down. I found plans online, I scaled them up to a 4x4x4ft bin  and  bought the lumber. built a hinged lid. This was first major build I built mostly by myself.   I was very proud of it.  I really don’t want to give it up so soon after i built it.  I put a lit of thought, blood, sweat, tears, and heart into this project as i do almost every project i involve myself in.

By: Kc @HEAP Healing Rarth Abundance Project

Title: Hugelkultur garden

Other Information: I have been involved  with growing or caring for something  whether plant or animal, in 4-H.  In about late 1990s to early 2000  I started my own garden in my backyard  to grow pumpkins but it failed due to poor placement and there wasn’t as much info on the net yet on the subject.    So I tried again a few years later after graduating massage therapy school.  I wanted to start changing my diet a little bit. Introduce some other veggies into my pallet. I figured i would be more likely to eat more veggies if i grew them. Eventually  i was learning  what permaculture  was  and started to inch my way into that, using some methods. Hugelkultur  i thought was an awesome idea,  so I started making my beds into modified  versions  of hugelkultur.  Also applying lasagna layers .  And making more raised beds.    I want to keep the hard work and love i put into these gardens and expanding to add fruit trees making my backyard  a sanctuary for me and my future wife.  My girlfriend  whom I met online was attracted  to my profile because i had pictures  of my garden and my sunflowers,  instead of pictures of my car.

By: HEAP1 Healing Earth Abundance Project

Title: EGC wheelbarrow

Other Information: I am Ahmed Mohamed-Said who is always trying to do his best for the environment in Kakuma.

By: Ahmed via https://www.facebook.com/groups/evergreencoincurrency

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Putting economics to work for our ecosystem

By possessing EverGreenCoin you become the backing of EverGreenCoin. Your support in doing so helps all of our initiatives. By mining (aka 'Staking') you help even more and are rewarded for your computational work. Participants and donors are free to trade or sell EGC on the secondary markets. EverGreenCoin Foundation, Inc. does not receive any profits or financial benefits from these or any sale or trade of EGC on the secondary markets.