Sunday, April 28th, 2024 02:32:42 AM EST

Proof of Environment

December 2023 PoE Accepted Work Shares

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Title: Vermicomposting 🪱

Description: Vermicomposting is a process that relies on earthworms and microorganisms to help stabilize active organic materials and convert them to a valuable soil amendment and source of plant nutrients. Added some greens, 2 old lettuce head cores, 3 started-to-rot cucumbers, and some old parsley, and some browns, dead leaves, shredded bathroom and kitchen waste, and shredded used paper bags. The worms look to be thriving! Collected the rich compost tea to give the soil fertilizing.

EGC address to be rewarded: EcZxA3H5HLxY5QAT6eQZgeV3e67dHLKxcj

By: Steve

PoE Score:

Title: Express Cleanup

Description: Express Cleanup at my neighborhood.

EGC address to be rewarded: EJuSBS4iWYd8PvABwjQJnV9TfBMT62UY1M

By: Paul Burg

PoE Score:

Description: Heating with waste wood in a EPA approved wood stove this December. Burning wood is considered carbon neutral and diverting waste wood from dum sites is carbon negative.

EGC address to be rewarded: ERpW14QzyphqWLCg6f6NZpYn1615uQgePx

PoE Score:

Title: mango trees seedlings

Description: this picture was taken from the Kawagumba Village community farm project, I want to talk bout the mango, which is the mango seedlings this variety is called apple mango, and is classified as Mangifera, it has round fruits that grow on evergreen trees reaching 1 to 4 meters in heights and is a popular commercial variety grown.

EGC address to be rewarded: ERkjjHJwVHN2rnALKwpKwCRimk3BC4Ven8

By: John Kahwa

PoE Score:

Title: Composting

Description: Living with many other people my house creates a fair amount of food waste. I try to compost it all in blue barrels utilizing shredded cardboard and char to reduce any bad smells.

EGC address to be rewarded: EdyiJdRp1cLRx8GnM3NS7nxuKDBsL4NSuG

By: Jim

PoE Score:

Title: Walk Around the Block

Description: Grabbed a few handfuls of litter while on a walk.

PoE Score:

Title: Reusable cup and straw

Description: Onboarding people to take their cups or containers when takeaway isn’t easy, because sometimes you don’t even know that you will need to order food later. You just get into things and find yourself next to restaurant ordering food. Because Thailand is the place for takeaway food! We must think of solutions to have them all handy or to have them in every restaurant as deposited Tupperware they can use and return.

EGC address to be rewarded: ERDXfMGwHtZoJdTch7PY4fz3WNS1TSVWe9

By: Lumina Envision

PoE Score:

Title: Recyclables drop

Description: I separate garbage at home and take my recyclable items to the recycling center few times a month. Sometimes I try to pick up something on the way if I see, and also dreaming of organized recyclables pickup from home. As it will motivate more people to actually go ahead and separate garbage.

PoE Score:

Title: Regular collection of recyclables at my home

Description: It’s not a big deal to do sortation at your place and then bring it to local sortation point. But it’s big to show other good Regen behavior to change human approach to life.

PoE Score:

Title: Growing house plants

Description: Have a lot of flowers and house plants that help me with seasonal depression geranium, spiderwort, spider plants, snake plants a tangerine tree, and some banana trees i bring inside for the winter, potatoes, onions, ginger and palms. The production of oxygen is very important for many reasons. We breathe oxygen but it also chemically scrubs many other potent green house gasses from the atmosphere.

PoE Score:

Title: Collecting compostable material

Description: My roommates drink a lot of coffee and i have them save all the little packages to empty into the compost. Many BPI certified compostable materials like these plastics will not compost at home and need to be taken to a facility with the proper equipment.

PoE Score:

Title: Park Cleanup

Description: Nice day to be cleaning up a community park, Morgandale Park, Howland, Ohio with friends. Original FB Post in group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/926518345098342/permalink/1017147206035455/

EGC address to be rewarded: EKft9LGiUqYSikRdiEfrZiuwNvhrgVobTY

By: Eric Thorp (Author), Andrew G. Stanton (PoE Team Admin)

PoE Score:

Title: Community Park Cleanup

Description: 3 bags of litter removed from a park I visited as a child

EGC address to be rewarded: EVHNch7D4bzZEKQtDqQuTRwchH6LJW7XDp

By: Jay, Eric, & Steve

PoE Score:

Title: Quick Community Park Sweep. 3 friends. 3 bags.

Description: Nice day to do a cleanup! This park was selected because its bins had been overfilled.3 bags of litter removed.

By: Steve, Jay, and Eric

PoE Score:

Title: Litter pickup

Description: Found some trash next to the trashcan, which is usually the case quite odd.

EGC address to be rewarded: EZYP7izEuu8Q3oJ2scrWkQsYLkKm9Axspy

By: EcoWealth

PoE Score:

Title: Mulch & Biochar

Description: Under the sunny spell of the Sunshine Coast, a weekend unfolded in sandy soil and shared laughter. Friends gathered, armed with shovels, to sculpt swales—sandy cradles for bananas and fruit trees to nestle in. Tea tree mulch, a fragrant blanket, covered the earth like confetti as we spread 5 cubic meters of it, a sweet promise for our growing dreams. The day dipped into a ‘drip’ garden, where a fire crackled to life. In the glow, we conjured a meter of biochar, whispering intentions into the flames. Water poured, mixing with chicken and cow poo—a lively potion to infuse life into our creation. Biochar, charged and ready, became the heartbeat of the garden. With handfuls of dreams, we scattered the biochar across the soil, a simple ritual beneath the starry night sky. Qi Gong followed, a dance of shared energy with the fire. I found myself dancing too, a whimsical partner with the flames. And so, in the quiet embrace of the night, the Sunshine Coast bore witness to our playful alchemy—a garden of dreams, biochar, and the shared dance of friends and flames.

EGC address to be rewarded: ELmuo6usxv7dyjycrqxPvP6Zp4MPFskzi6

By: TreeDjinn

PoE Score:

Title: Random cleanup during breakfast

Description: On Sunday morning me and kids decided to have breakfast on the beach. We saw some junk swimming in the sea and occasional bottles on the beach. We picked it up but unfortunately didn’t have time to drop it to recycling center, left it for the restaurant to take care of.

PoE Score:

Title: Drop off to recycling center

Description: My weekly drop off of recyclable items.

PoE Score:

Title: farm preparation

Description: we are from the Kawagumba village community farm project,  today I have taken my time to share my environment work, from this video. this video explains the process of farm or garden preparation time,  as a farmer, I’m doing this because I want to make the farm ready for the new crops which will be planted here.   again preparation of the land is another way of doing a wedding because I’m removing unwanted weeds. Early farm preparation is very important for farmers that is why we are doing early time,  so that is how  I’m doing in our farm.

PoE Score:

Title: More Vermicomposting 🪱

Description: Celery heads and a bag of expired spinach added for the greens. An egg shell, because worms love to bread on those. Straw, shredded paper, and fallen leaves for the browns. Added.

PoE Score:

Title: Everywhere Need Trees

Description: Hello everyone. Cela fait longtemps, j’espère que tout va bien pour nous tous. I’m sorry for the delay to submit this great work we did with my team, when we were in Nakuru to visit our Friend Vincent. We plated 15 tree, we were so happy because it was different types of trees.

EGC address to be rewarded: EQqHfwM2T6HwRJM97aeZS7eyHXBgppDm9a

PoE Score:

Title: Christmas Apple Pies

Description: Homemade apple pie for Christmas. Made from locally grown and harvested apples from a farm’s orchard.

EGC address to be rewarded: EQ7NjUeEbNeAXNzsTuFZTAYLdaa4S5tLik

By: Mel

PoE Score:

Title: Recycling ♻️ Aluminum Cans

Description: 3 large trash bags of uncrushed aluminum cans collected from friends, family, and various litter cleanups were recycled. I found another can on the roadside in the snow on the way to the recycling center. A little over $3 paid for a sandwich for lunch. A win, win, … win!

PoE Score:

Title: Tree seedlings

Description: Trees are always good,  that is why we are doing the trees planting, today i share out this picture about our trees yeird this types of trees are blue gum, we used to make what is call trees yierd for maintain the tree seedlings, it’s a place set aside for carrying the tree which are ready for planting normally we used to encourage farmers to creat trees yierd for carrying the matured seedling which is ready for planting. so this picture is one of our trees yierd site, where we used to place the selections of trees seedllings.

PoE Score:

Title: The Gift of Giving

Description: Over the past 3 weeks, I have been travelling the East coast of Australia from Queensland, through New South Wales, to Victoria. With pockets full of seeds, visiting friends and family along the way, I made sure there was 5 cubic meters of mulch at each of the 3 major stops, ready for me to spread across the gardens. Because I love gardening and growing food so much, I expect nothing in return for my work/play, as the gift for me is in the gift of giving itself. I give my gift of abundance through the garden unconditionally, without any expectation of return. This is what I believe is one of the first necessary steps to create the ‘Gift Economy’ it begins with food, because once our basic needs are met, we are free to spend more time doing what we love, and giving our own unique gifts unconditionally, with love, rather than working a 9-5 job that we hate or simply ‘tolerate’ for the money to buy the things we think we need and buy our freedom on the weekend. I’ve spoken a lot about the philosophy of the Gift-Based Economy in the past, now I am embodying it, sowing seeds of love and abundance wherever I go. Actions speak louder than words, and as Gandhi says “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” I wish to see a world that transcends the need for money and greed, a world where not only everyone’s needs are met but we all live in abundance, freely giving our gifts to humanity. Merry Christ-mas!

EGC address to be rewarded: ELmuo6usxv7dyjycrqxPvP6Zp4MPFskzi6

By: TreeDijinn

PoE Score:

Title: Recyclables collected at home (1.5-2 months)

Description: Recyclables collected at home (1.5-2 months) Delivered then to local sortation center.

PoE Score:

Title: Clover Hay for Goats

Description: A dozen 2nd cutting clover bales off to make some goats’ holiday very merry! The clover will be mixed with orchard grasses and alfalfa to make a yule time medley for some happy and healthy goats.

PoE Score:

Title: Recycling ♻️ More Aluminum Cans

Description: 1 large bag of crushed aluminum cans, 12 pounds, collected from a friend’s apartment building.

PoE Score:

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Putting economics to work for our ecosystem

By possessing EverGreenCoin you become the backing of EverGreenCoin. Your support in doing so helps all of our initiatives. By mining (aka 'Staking') you help even more and are rewarded for your computational work. Participants and donors are free to trade or sell EGC on the secondary markets. EverGreenCoin Foundation, Inc. does not receive any profits or financial benefits from these or any sale or trade of EGC on the secondary markets.