Saturday, April 27th, 2024 01:00:06 AM EST

Proof of Environment

February 2021 PoE Accepted Work Shares

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Title: House plant upkeep

Other Information: I have cared for my many house plants for another month. The Umbrella tree is my oldest and favorite at 8 years and the geraniums still flowering this time of year add a nice splash of color to the room. My plants help me a great deal with my seasonal depression and suggest others who may also may be effected give the house plant hobby a try.

By: Jim

PoE Score:

By: Steve

PoE Score:

PoE Score:

PoE Score:

Title: Potato seeds

Other Information: Turning potato to seeds takes time but you can turn one potato into many seeds by just leaving them in a cool dry place for long enough. Potatoes like many tubers can be planted earlier than most other seasonal foods and can even be grown year round in almost any climate with proper care. The 6 potato i used to make seeds made 100+ seed potato and i have planted an early batch of 18 in a wood ash and charcoal mixture made from heating my home. I will plant many more outdoors as the weather warms.

PoE Score:

Title: Snow mask

By: Steven

PoE Score:

PoE Score:

Title: Bird watching

PoE Score:

PoE Score:

Title: Lots of masks

PoE Score:

PoE Score:

Title: Heating with wood scraps

Other Information: Your choice for a primary heat source for your home can make a large difference to your environmental impact. I have chosen to not only heat with wood but with wood scraps from a local lumber mill. I am donating this PoE to our new friends at Help The Homeless Worldwide. We often take for granted the warmth and safety of our homes and if this in a way helps provide what i have to another person of need of it, I am ok with that. Thanks EGC for making it possible.

PoE Score:

Title: Indoor Garden

By: Jared Rodriguez

PoE Score:

Title: We reap what we sow!

By: Melanie

PoE Score:

Title: Who was that masked litter bug?

Other Information: EGC masks -> https://evergreencoin.creator-spring.com/listing/egc-wellness-masks
    All other EGC merch -> https://evergreencoin.creator-spring.com/

PoE Score:

Title: Falls

Other Information: Not much rubbish to be found under all the snow. But I managed to capture an illusive mask nearby.

PoE Score:

PoE Score:

Title: Tree plant

Other Information: Helped plant several trees around the camp.

By: Ahmed

PoE Score:

Title: Poultry farm update

Other Information: Raising turkeys and chickens as a local food source, The poultry provides some pest and disease control while providing locally sourced food, these baby turkeys are growing well.

By: Emirate

PoE Score:

Title: Slushy mask

PoE Score:

Title: Beach Litter Clean Up

Other Information: Hey Evergreencoin! We are Expand Compassion, we know you because of Eocwealth. We picked up some trash at Venice Beach to give back as our non-profit work. Let’s compound environmental quality together!
    You’re welcome to visit our website: http://www.expandcompassion.com

By: Expand Compassion

PoE Score:

Title: Potting pawpaw trees.

PoE Score:

PoE Score:

Title: Saturday walk

By: Sorin

PoE Score:

PoE Score:

Title: Salty mask

PoE Score:

Title: Planting Kale

PoE Score:

Title: Walmart parking lot cleanup

By: Steve and Jay

PoE Score:

PoE Score:

Title: Lights

Other Information: I salvaged this fixture and light bulbs, they are not the most efficient and a few had already been used but it will be better you use them for their intended time frames before disposing of them. The energy it takes to make glass is substantial and should be considered before just throwing out those old bulbs, they will only last another six months any way. I am using the salvaged light to propagate house plants from discarded house plants I had gotten last fall.

PoE Score:

Other Information: Never ending story. 🙂

By: Sorin

PoE Score:

Title: Go Compostable!

Other Information: This month I did something a little different…I was walking past the local dog park when I noticed that the council was providing these ‘degradable’ dog waste bags, so I did some research and learned that the bags were still made from fossil fuel derived plastics with an additive that helps to break them down faster into micro plastics. There is a big misconception between ‘compostable’ and ‘biodegradable’ plastics and I noticed that members of my community were dumping these dog waste bags in the environment obviously thinking that they would break down naturally… I mean, if you’re not going to dispose of it properly then why even use the bag right!? So what I did was get in touch with my local council, a few months and many emails later I had convinced my local council to replace the ‘degradable’ dog waste bags with ‘compostable’ plant based dog waste bags! That’s around 41,600 plastic bags a year, which I have prevented from going into landfill! It is quite amazing how much influence we can have as individuals, next time you see a solution to a problem like this in your local community I challenge you to do the same. Contact your local authority and see if you can influence such a change.

By: Joel Courtidis

PoE Score:

Title: Tree Planting

Other Information: Planted and cared for several trees today.

by: Ahmed

PoE Score:

Title: Compost

Other Information: Compost is not pretty but it saves a lot from going to the landfills, i collected this from my local community in NW PA and will be donating this effort that is helping improve my community and our world to help build solar for our friends in Nigeria, Thank you EverGreenCoin for helping me make a bigger impact with my small efforts.

PoE Score:

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Putting economics to work for our ecosystem

By possessing EverGreenCoin you become the backing of EverGreenCoin. Your support in doing so helps all of our initiatives. By mining (aka 'Staking') you help even more and are rewarded for your computational work. Participants and donors are free to trade or sell EGC on the secondary markets. EverGreenCoin Foundation, Inc. does not receive any profits or financial benefits from these or any sale or trade of EGC on the secondary markets.