Friday, April 19th, 2024 05:38:52 PM EST

Proof of Environment

January 2023 PoE Accepted Work Shares

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Title: Orphans

Other Information: Thank you so much EGC for the rewarding us. I went to visit orphans again with BIDII YETU team. In that visiting we carry them some treats in order to spend time with the kids well and trying to build hope among them. That’s was our key word of this year.

EGC address to be rewarded: EQqHfwM2T6HwRJM97aeZS7eyHXBgppDm9a

By: Martin Abumba

PoE Score:

Title: REUSE!

EGC address to be rewarded: EcZxA3H5HLxY5QAT6eQZgeV3e67dHLKxcj

PoE Score:

Title: plastic ports

Other Information: kawagumba village community farm project today we are explain the importance of plastic material, I cording to what I have discover any plastic material is very important, any plastic material should not burnt, because all plastic are useful now you can see how we use remains of plastic material for porting our different trees plants.what im trying to say is let us not to born the plastic was material, they are more important for holding trees seedling, they can be use as nursery. so farmers let keep plastic material.

EGC address to be rewarded: EVWvsxMkCHhGyBkcWjLeTFkVUSZsiE6yzV

By: John

PoE Score:

Title: Amazon Smile

Other Information: Supporting my favorite charity on Amazon Smile! When you must shop Amazon, visit Amazon Smile and select the Evergreencoin Foundation, Inc. before you shop. Amazon will donate a small percentage of your purchase price at no additional cost to you! https://smile.amazon.com/ch/82-3136412

EGC address to be rewarded: EQ7NjUeEbNeAXNzsTuFZTAYLdaa4S5tLik

By: Melanie

PoE Score:

Title: Scrappin’

Other Information: Recycling 12 appliances, an old hay rake and several old bicycles.

By: Steve

PoE Score:

Title: Bottle drop January 2023

Other Information: At the Eugene mission they have recycling, however, not all recycling makes it into the bin. I’ve been going to the trash cans here and collecting the bottles and cans that are being thrown away to reduce waste going to the dump. Turning in at bottle drop is a great way to earn cash on top of the POE. I’d like to show people that saving our planet can also help them offset bills during this crazy inflation we’ve been experiencing.

EGC address to be rewarded: EXDecjNnPWrHdF3NDt7e1gdBAmLBfJxBYB

By: Joseph Harton

PoE Score:

Title: Biochar production

Other Information: esterday I do some mobilization around to my community about biochar and the important of used it. And all that I do after feeling a little better. This means this year of 2023 we shall try using biochar in planting trees.

PoE Score:

Title: trees seedlings

Other Information: Kawagumba has come to be a treegens area we are growing food production and trees planting. Today I take this opportunity to share out our different tree nursery seedlings. we have come to do more tree planting In our areas. The last picture is all about pawpaw trees’ nursery seedlings, pawpaw trees are fruits. All these pictures represent more different types of trees here we have Cyprus trees, gravel trees, we bluegum trees types, all the trees plant.you can see we are using plastic as our port, sometimes we are using poliphyne bags as our ports in the farm, even plastic containers such as tins also very important they help us to retain the plant.

PoE Score:

Title: Covered Bridge Cleanup

Other Information: Stretched my legs a little. Removed some litter, a little. Every drop counts!

By: Steve

PoE Score:

Title: Carbon negative heating

Other Information: Using an EPA approved fireplace insert to produce heat charcoal and ash. Char and ash will be used in gardens as soil amendments sequestering CO2 and helping plants grow and capture more.

EGC address to be rewarded: ENT8gm4BBaBNLkbNHLwHEWB7sCTAjanh6U

By: Jim

PoE Score:

Title: Reusing paper grocery bags

Other Information: Reused torn old grocery bags to wrap a package to be shipped.

PoE Score:

Title: Catching the rain water!

Other Information: I just installed this aesthetically pleasing water catchment in the front yard where I am staying. The snaking diversion drain mimics the pattern of natural river systems, slowing down the water before the swales where it soaks in and recharges the ground water for dry season. We have planted mostly bananas and papaya to begin with as they are great pioneer crops. I also planted some chickpeas and buckwheat for rapid growth to fix some nitrogen and use as a green manure. We have also planted a custard apple tree, lime tree, strawberries, native raspberries and the native rosellas for making jams.

EGC address to be rewarded: ELmuo6usxv7dyjycrqxPvP6Zp4MPFskzi6

By: TreeDjinn

PoE Score:

Title: 2023 work

Other Information: I’m so excited with Mr Marcel Petrol to invite the team of BIDII YETU to supply and planting more than 30 trees. We used natural fertilizer compost material and wood debris. Place where we plant trees is Kakuma two zone 3 block 9.

PoE Score:

Title: farm activities

Other Information: it is very important to be a farmer, today I’m here to encourage you all that farming is very important, kawagumba has dedicated their life to do farming, for the benefit of the community. here today I want to share out some of our farm pictures activities, we are working very hard to achieve food for our people. all these pictures are crops picture we have culture from our different part of farm. this picture includes trees and food crop production.

PoE Score:

Title: More biochar

Other Information: Sequestered 120lb of CO2 redug the pit and filled a 55gallon drum with char to filter rain water.

EGC address to be rewarded: ENT8gm4BBaBNLkbNHLwHEWB7sCTAjanh6U

By: Jim

PoE Score:

Title: 2nd bottle drop January 2023

Other Information: My second bottle drop from recovered trash out of the Eugene mission. This round I brought in $12.50 and will be applying the total $25 dollars brought in for January to buy more EGC.

EGC address to be rewarded: EXDecjNnPWrHdF3NDt7e1gdBAmLBfJxBYB

By: Joseph Harton

PoE Score:

Title: General activities

Other Information: These are some of the pictures from general activities we do in our community through learning from the women group.The pics include members meeting doing table banking while weaving baskets and guys, wood working,desolated grafted oranges, learning in the classroom and many others. Prepared by, Francis.

EGC address to be rewarded: EaPzdUKdKzijTBZBMBkEpAwBBAz5igWMGM

By: Francis Oyuo

PoE Score:

Title: REGENERATING THE WORLD

Other Information: In Uganda, Climate change is a serious problem, affecting livelihoods. The country experiences prolonged drought, short and erratic rains which are disastrous and affecting agricultural production the backbone of the country. Also, due to disparities in traditional roles, societal expectations, and livelihoods, men and women are affected differently by climate change. Women account for the bulk of Uganda’s population of 23.19 million people. They have lower wages, less access to credit and decision-making power, and less control over resources, all of which make them more vulnerable to climate change. It’s therefore important to consider differences when tackling the issue of climate change. Agroforestry/permaculture/regenerative agriculture has emerged as a major instrument in the fight against climate change in recent years. It’s a widely accepted answer to the twin problems of climate change and food insecurity. It’s one of a number of innovative strategies targeted at increasing production while also assisting in the mitigation of climate change by increasing carbon sequestration and boosting the system’s ability to cope with the negative consequences of climate change.This project aims to promote agroforestry/permaculture/regenerative agriculture for climate change mitigation and the development of vulnerable groups’ livelihoods, such as women, by planting fruit trees alongside food crops Over the past decades wetlands are seen as wastelands yet wetlands play a crucial role as far regulating our climate system. Our climatic system is significantly regulated by wetland ecosystems. They serve as a large sink for greenhouse gases, trapping carbon and preventing it from entering the atmosphere, but they can also act as sources of some GHGs, particularly methane (CH4) when disturbed which increases climate change. Without neglecting the myriad ecosystem services they offer, wetlands protect against flooding, provide habitat for fish and shellfish reproduction and rearing, and support ecotourism, source of food like fish, cultural heritage and local herbs, to mention a few. We used to have two seasons for rainfall when I was growing up. But as a result of climate change, ;we now suffer unpredictable shorter or longer rainy seasons as well as severe droughts. Wetlands have been destroyed, bird and tree species have vanished, there have been extreme weather events in various parts of Uganda, as a result of the effects of climate change and environmental destruction, all of which are a result of human activity. We are promoting agroforestry, by giving farmers fruit trees. Climate change adaptation and mitigation are our primary goals in promoting agroforestry. The effects of climate change on agricultural communities can be lessened by planting trees in agricultural systems. Growing the amount of trees on agricultural land decreases tree cutting and boosts carbon sinks. Therefore, through carbon sequestration, trees in agroforestry systems contribute to reducing climate change. Agroforestry is essential for managing air quality, water concentration, and rain cycles as well as for enhancing climatic conditions and weather patterns. Second, planting trees on farmland can assist promote food security and raise food production. Selling fruits from these trees will provide more food and security. Furthermore, we are training farmers on better farming methods such as smart agriculture as this is key for sustainability. Through wetlands and peatlands ecosystem restoration. Wetlands and peatland ecosystem restoration has been our focus. Together with the local community, we are restoring encroached wetlands and protecting those that already exist. Our strategy involves agroforestry and afforestation. Along streams and wetland buffer zones, we are planting trees (Bamboo trees) in collaboration with the local community. We purposefully chose to plant bamboo trees due to the several advantages they offer, including serving as carbon sinks, purifying water quality, storing large amounts of water, safeguarding stream banks, and preventing further encroachment on existing wetlands. We are encouraging communities to plant bamboo trees because they offer several economic advantages, including serving as building materials, decorative urban infrastructure, and a potential replacement for timber. This is done through supplying communities with bamboo trees to plant.

EGC address to be rewarded: EVvXzvNGNwxSzJpoYiWgWzvoLMhcoQB7CN

By: AYOWECCA UGANDA

PoE Score:

Title: Team Support Structure – FB Guides

Other Information: New Facebook group created to connect folk stuck in Facebook to EGC evidence submission process. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1653609568432401/ Also guides in that group’s Guides section to explain to cloud based folk how to contribute as EGC “Team Leaders” [PoE Team Managers]. Impact is tangible and indirect, but can help scale EGC impact. Immediate support and onboarding happening with Green Initiatives, who I believe is Brandon Kelly in Facebook

EGC address to be rewarded: EPbfZruiHrBk5SryHeznuAAuxiUpzAa6Mb

By: Peter Jones (innov8tor3 in Discord)

PoE Score:

Title: New FB Guide for Impact Submitters

Other Information: Web Link – New Guides Section for Impact Submitters.

EGC address to be rewarded: EPbfZruiHrBk5SryHeznuAAuxiUpzAa6Mb

By: innov8tor3

PoE Score:

Title: Shopping Flower Power Fundraising

Other Information: Shopping EverGreenCoin’s Flower Power Shop benefiting EverGreenCoin with a100% grow guarantee! During PayPal checkout, I also donated $1 to the EverGreenCoin foundation with PayPal Giving Fund.

PoE Score:

Title: trees nursery work

Other Information: Hi friends, today we are very glad to share out some of our tree’s nursery bed works, right now in our area we are experiencing a profound drought, but we have a dedicated project we are going on, and sometimes it takes us for long distances to look for water, which can help us to maintain the trees nursery. So today I shared out some different trees and plants, in that different picture we have gravely, seedling trees, we have, grafted mangoes plants, and another different types of trees, so we as the kawagumba farm project want to do our best so that we can improve our areas around the world by helping people to plant more trees, and teach them some of the trees important.

PoE Score:

Other Information: A friends house plants

EGC address to be rewarded: EPFwSUVzxF5H6WuR71Qa1qxDRua6FBoV5e

PoE Score:

PoE Score:

Other Information: Rainy day in LA, working at Calabasas

PoE Score:

Other Information: Traveled to Malibu after long rain.

PoE Score:

Other Information: The ice on water forming.

PoE Score:

Other Information: We caught a sunrise.

PoE Score:

Title: Growing of fruit trees

Other Information: We grow fruit trees as part of conservation and food security.We encourage our neighbors to do the same even on their small landshut.

EGC address to be rewarded: EMrzRCNr2UfMtyfd6tavbZ4r7Drhs83Mi

By: Mercy Lekimain

PoE Score:

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Putting economics to work for our ecosystem

By possessing EverGreenCoin you become the backing of EverGreenCoin. Your support in doing so helps all of our initiatives. By mining (aka 'Staking') you help even more and are rewarded for your computational work. Participants and donors are free to trade or sell EGC on the secondary markets. EverGreenCoin Foundation, Inc. does not receive any profits or financial benefits from these or any sale or trade of EGC on the secondary markets.