Tuesday, April 23rd, 2024 08:00:36 PM EST

Proof of Environment

May 2022 PoE Accepted Work Shares

Viewing 51 posts - 1 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author

EGC address to be rewarded: EcZxA3H5HLxY5QAT6eQZgeV3e67dHLKxcj

By: Steve

PoE Score:

Title: April showers bring May flowers… and more showers 😉

PoE Score:

Title: Willow tree update

Other Information: Greener every day!

EGC address to be rewarded: EQ7NjUeEbNeAXNzsTuFZTAYLdaa4S5tLik

By: Melanie

PoE Score:

Title: Trumbull County Courthouse Cleanup

Other Information: I was driving by the courthouse during a break in storms. The sun was shinning bright and inviting me to do a cleanup. I cleaned all around the building and in the beautiful flower beds.

PoE Score:

Title: Fertilized flowers

Other Information: Using this 11buckets of char in no till zones fertilizes this flower garden and sequesters 220lb or 0.1tonnes of CO2.

EGC address to be rewarded: EJVSGSqmcUqYKKCrtXkx4yTHLikcKX525v

By: Jim

PoE Score:

Title: Growing Microgreens with Back To The Roots

EGC address to be rewarded: EacD9bX7nU53cB3b8BHXVoSZ89AWzXW16L

By: Andrew Stanton

PoE Score:

Title: Building a garden

Other Information: I am using some of those blocks i salvaged in a PoE winter before last and building a strawberry garden with them. Used 3 buckets of char to quickly and easily level the ground under the bricks sequestering 60lb of CO2.

EGC address to be rewarded: EHyAQb43BSvHw2kksoxgMBuJqzZxiTeako

PoE Score:

Title: Syntropic Farming

Other Information: Today we did some maintenance and additional planting in a 2 year old syntropic food forest. First we trimmed some of the banana leaves to let in more light for the smaller trees growing below, including; avocado, coffee, pawpaw, native eucalypts and some others. We used the banana leaves to create a ground cover which will slowly release the nutrient dense water from the banana leaves back into the soil. I then planted some turmeric, ginger, pineapple and avocados where ever I could find space and then applied a thick layer of mulch to anywhere where I could see bare soil around the trees. I will water the new crops every day that it doesn’t rain for 2 weeks until they establish their roots. Connecting with nature in this way, is so much more than producing high quality nourishment, it is also physically, psychologically and spiritually rewarding. Earth Care, People Care Fair Share. What’s good for the earth is good for us and vice versa, maintaining healthy natural ecosystems is a way for our soul to connect with the land, strengthening our spiritual connection with Mother Earth. Food is what brings us together, growing healthy food can be very socially rewarding, as we provide nourishment for friends, family and the surrounding communities. When we grow food in harmony with nature we create food security providing an abundance of surplus for everyone to get their fair share.

EGC address to be rewarded: ELmuo6usxv7dyjycrqxPvP6Zp4MPFskzi6

By: Joel

PoE Score:

Title: New Life for the Kitchen Garden

Other Information: Our kitchen garden is more of a conventional home vegetable garden with raised beds, when I arrived at Noosa Forest Retreat it was overgrown with weeds, so I helped to pull out all the weeds and replace them with edible crops such as lettuce, kale, silverbeet, parsley, basil and sage. I will be planting some tomatoes when I get some more seedlings from the market on the weekend as they will be good companions with the basil and parsley. There was also a clump of strawberries overgrown by weeds which I separated and replanted, almost filling up an entire row. I planted the lettuce sage and borage in between the strawberries as they are good companions helping to enhance the flavour of the strawberry and attract beneficial insects to deter the unwanted pests.

EGC address to be rewarded: ELmuo6usxv7dyjycrqxPvP6Zp4MPFskzi6

By: Joel

PoE Score:

Title: Mushrooms and Rain

Other Information: April’s showers, which brought May’s flowers (and more showers), has now brought mushrooms. PoE donated to The EverGreenCoin Foundation.

EGC address to be rewarded: EdFwYw4Mo2Zq6CFM2yNJgXvE2DTJxgdBRX

PoE Score:

Title: Planted strawberries.

Other Information: Planted the 30 strawberry plants i ordered from the fundraiser in my brick garden.

PoE Score:

Title: Planted flowers.

Other Information: Planted 24 lilies and sequestered 220lb of CO2 with the use of char.

PoE Score:

Title: Houseplants enjoying some sun

EGC address to be rewarded: EVHNch7D4bzZEKQtDqQuTRwchH6LJW7XDp

By: Jason

PoE Score:

Title: David Grohl Alley Cleanup

Other Information: Stopped nearby for lunch. Had to stay to do a quick cleanup.

PoE Score:

Other Information: PoE donated to Not One More, Inc. donation fund authorized effort.

EGC address to be rewarded: EUUb5REsaMTqjb8K9h9iKdW55Q1LkpPa7U

PoE Score:

Title: Composting

Other Information: Here’s my 2 compost bins for garden waste and my hot composter for kitchen scraps. first bin is 1x1x0.8 meter, second 1.2×1.2×0.8 meter. The hot compost is 60 cm diameter and 80 cm high.
    Have used about half of the bins in a new bed the last week, replacing 100% sand with a hugel culture in bottom, and filled up with layers of compost and sand. The hot compost got a bit too wet this season, and didn’t quite finish. So it was mixed with semi-composted wood chips, and are really working now. This will be used for top dressing later in the season.

EGC address to be rewarded: EcEe8QumrKjmYf6nu8a7o1mzZTwhRMJ9uD

By: Altcoin

PoE Score:

Title: More biochar

Other Information: Used 11 buckets of char to sequester 220lb of C02 and then seeded on top with clover.

EGC address to be rewarded: EaK4jX8XyMJbPWocu2TsF14wkfZieU1ftp

PoE Score:

Title: Poland Township Park Cleanup

Other Information: Did not find much litter to remove, which is good for the habitat. Was nice to be with nature on such a lovely day.

PoE Score:

PoE Score:

Title: Expanding the garden

Other Information: Sequestered 120lb of CO2 with char and planted a few flowers.

PoE Score:

Title: Started a path

Other Information: Used 22 buckets of mulch to start a path and sequestered 330lb of CO2 while doing it. I am thankful for XAUT/EGC pools and hope to make sequestering CO2 as valuable as mining gold.

PoE Score:

Title: More biochar

Other Information: Added 5 buckets of char to my flower garden sequestering 100lb of CO2. Glad we have EGC/XAUT liquidity pools.

PoE Score:

Title: Sequestered some CO2

Other Information: Fertized some flowers and continued my path to the area in the woods i hope to create a shade garden in. I used 6 buckets of char (120lb CO2) and 20 buckets of mulch(300lb CO2). Donating to the new EGF. Lets back environmental works with gold with XAUT/EGC liquidty.

EGC address to be rewarded: ELV9Bo67QWgyVQhVBc3h8UCWVA1LvKEaK7

PoE Score:

Other Information: PoE donated to Trumbull SWCD Authorized Effort address.

EGC address to be rewarded: EdLMMiVm5M38XFka8fev6JyHq4zC5gjTtT

PoE Score:

Title: Path building

Other Information: Added 8buckets of mulch to the path in the woods by my house. Sequestering 120lb of CO2 before work today.

PoE Score:

Title: ZERO ARID

Other Information: I was unwell for almost 14 days. But now I have come with full force of planting trees, I have to pay out west times. Today I planted 25 trees.

EGC address to be rewarded: EcK5vEvrUaH5D6JcooXur33fx1NxCvCXJe

By: Martin Abumba

PoE Score:

Other Information: Measured my yard carts capacity and it can hold 6 buckets of wood chips if i put in as much as it can hold. Then used 6 yard carts of mulch today sequestering 540lb of CO2 before dinner.

PoE Score:

Other Information: Used 10 hand carts full of wood chips to build a path, l sequestering 900lb of CO2 by doing this.

PoE Score:

Other Information: Used 11 more 30gallon handcarts of woodchips sequestering 990lb of CO2 and extending the path a small amount. Circlular paths give kids a place to run and allows us easy access to gardens.

PoE Score:

Title: Planted flowers.

Other Information: Planting more flowers in my front flower bed. Using 3, 30 gallon hand carts of mulch sequestering 270lb of CO2.

PoE Score:

Title: Syntropic agroforestry

Other Information: Starting another food forest here in Aruba, used lots of wood manure and mulch to recreate the foundation of a healthy forest.

EGC address to be rewarded: Eao2Xy19kE65xxmWfJMwG3fWuxC4yFVYyn

By: Roland

PoE Score:

Title: Planting

Other Information: Hi I’m John I’m a real farmer, I used to do planting my crops in my farms I’m doing this to regenerate more opportunities for my people in the community so that there lives to be better. In our community village we are training young farmers to be a better people in the future, we do this by training them and teachings them what is called regenerative ecosystem.

EGC address to be rewarded: EVWvsxMkCHhGyBkcWjLeTFkVUSZsiE6yzV

By: John

PoE Score:

Title: Peonies & Ants

Other Information: It is a myth that peonies require ants to bloom. The relationship between peonies and ants is a type of mutualism in which two organisms of different species benefit from the activity of one another. Peony flowers provide food for ants and in turn, the ants protect the blossoms from other floral-feeding insects. PoE reward donated to the TSWCD EGF.

PoE Score:

Title: Irises not the IRS’s

Other Information: Can’t tax nature’s splendor! PoE reward donated to the TSWCD EGF.

PoE Score:

Title: Plastic poison

Other Information: PoE reward donated to the TSWCD EGF.

PoE Score:

Title: Processing waste wood

Other Information: I get dump truck loads of waste wood dropped off at my house. I am using the hard wood logs to heat my home in the winter. I cut them with an electric chain saw and split them by hand. After burned the char and ash will be used in garden and tree plant efforts.

PoE Score:

Other Information: 10 more 30gallon hand carts added to the paths and shade gardens. Sequestering another 900lb of CO2.

PoE Score:

Title: Wood Chipping

Other Information: Chipped tree trimmings and brush. 10 buckets of wood chips to be used as mulch around trees and in gardens. Sequestering 150 pounds of CO2. PoE donated to the TSWCD EGF.

PoE Score:

Title: Planting Field Corn

Other Information: 1,920,000 corn seeds planted covering ~50 acres. PoE donated to TSWCD EGF.

PoE Score:

Title: Biochar production

Other Information: What we need it work work work. I started to collect biochar for using in planting trees and in the gardens.

EGC address to be rewarded: EcK5vEvrUaH5D6JcooXur33fx1NxCvCXJe

PoE Score:

Title: Hand weeding

Other Information: Hi, brothers and sisters I used to be a real farmer, in our community project so every morning I wake up to go to the farm to do what is called hand weeding. What is hand wedding? Hand weeding is a process of removing weeds around the crops planted by using a bare hand not the use of a hose or a shovel, you just use your bare hand to weed. It is another cheapest way to remove weeds around the planted crops. As the kawagumba village community project use to encourage many farmers that they introduce hand weeding in their agricultural activities in the farms.Advantages of hand weeding:1. is very convenient 2 is very cheap methods, 3 no labour require. Disadvantages: 1 is very tiresome, 2 is very time consuming, is a slow method of weeding. Yes we need to take care of our environment, we care the earth, and the life of people in the community.

PoE Score:

Title: May update 2022

EGC address to be rewarded: K8hHyGU47j1NzyK8Nyo92yjXXBKEP9ZSU

By: Wolfman Farms

PoE Score:

Title: Syntropicagroforestry

Other Information: This update shows the same property one month after starting an new agroforestry effort.

EGC address to be rewarded: Eao2Xy19kE65xxmWfJMwG3fWuxC4yFVYyn

By: Roland

PoE Score:

Title: Planted asparagus

Other Information: Planted 120 asparagus crowns, if well cared for will produce for the next 30 years. No tilling and adding mulch every year makes this a great way to sequester CO2 over the years.

EGC address to be rewarded: EWtVmSQbrR7ZTxBgykbPKpgJtL2JZuDt7T

PoE Score:

Title: Mulching application

Other Information: During the dry season, it is my role in our farm as a kawagumba village community project to take res possibility in our farms to do mulching application in the farm. What do you understand by the word mulching? Mulching is the process of spreading dry leaves planted around the plan to prevent the evaporation of water from the soil. I use to do mulching on our farm so that our crops can be able to sustain with water. Mulching material, 1 dry leaf, dry grass, polythene paper. Advantages of mulching, 1 prevent soil erosion, 2 prevent water evaporation maintain soil fertility. Disadvantages it Time consuming, requiring more Labour. Mulching practice is very important in the agricultural system, so I normally encourage mulching application for the safety of crops during dry season.

PoE Score:

Other Information: PoE donated to TSWCD EGF.

PoE Score:

Title: Syntropic Agroforestry

Other Information: Proud of sharing the video which it has some information about my farm, if you the video you will get some principle of Syntropic Agroforestry and permaculture system. Thanks all people organizing me to meet with Roland although I didn’t meat himself he sent me to Erick named Tosty the programer of the farms there in Nairobi : and l learnt so many things there.

EGC address to be rewarded: EQqHfwM2T6HwRJM97aeZS7eyHXBgppDm9a

PoE Score:

Title: Garden building

Other Information: Added another 10 buckets of char and 1, 30 gallon hand cart of mulch to sequester 290 lb more in this asparagus garden.

EGC address to be rewarded: EWtVmSQbrR7ZTxBgykbPKpgJtL2JZuDt7T

PoE Score:

Title: Early land preparation

Other Information: Today I want to advise fellow farmers here, that early land preparation is very important for beginning a new season for crops planting, one the most part of is helping to be a time manage during short rainy season, again, it give a good time for seed planning so we as kawagumba village community we always doing that for a good harvest. Early land preparation improve crop yields in the farm so we encourage that to all fell farmers to adopt that in their location.

PoE Score:

Title: Early land preparation

Other Information: ;We need to prepare our land early for our own benefit, land preparation is improving crops production, it give a good timing for a short rain is give good time for planting, so we as farmer we need to do more land preparation early.

PoE Score:

Title: Supplying

Other Information: This is my role I used to do this myself, im always walking with my wheelbarrow in 2to 3 kilometres away from the project store, i am doing this to show love, for my old people in our community, I used wheel barrow to supply them with food, those the main reason why kawagumba village community was started. We want to make sure our people get food products from.different parts. To share, to help, to unit, to provide support the needy is very important, so brotheren we need to show love for our people. Sharing love is another way of receiving more blessing, so I like to do this fo the life of my people.

PoE Score:

Viewing 51 posts - 1 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Putting economics to work for our ecosystem

By possessing EverGreenCoin you become the backing of EverGreenCoin. Your support in doing so helps all of our initiatives. By mining (aka 'Staking') you help even more and are rewarded for your computational work. Participants and donors are free to trade or sell EGC on the secondary markets. EverGreenCoin Foundation, Inc. does not receive any profits or financial benefits from these or any sale or trade of EGC on the secondary markets.