1 EverGreenCoin (EGC) = $0.027680871 (USD)
Tuesday, October 27th, 2020 10:33:18 PM EST

Proof of Environment

October 2020 PoE Accepted Work Shares

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Title: Cleaned up litter at roadside wood chip piles

Other Information: Cleaned up several piles of litter around roadside wood chip piles while loading wood chips to reduce dust plumes on our property.

By: Callistemon

PoE Score:

Title: Covered large spruce root with soil

Other Information: Covered a large exposed spruce root with soil, conifer needles, and spruce cones, providing a surface that can withstand 50-pound loads rolling over it.

PoE Score:

Title: Movie Theater construction area cleanup

Other Information: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1497612093760221

By: Joseph Harton

PoE Score:

PoE Score:

PoE Score:

Title: Home Permaculture Gardening

Other Information: Recently I have been practicing Home Permaculture. Definition of Permaculture: the development of agricultural ecosystems intended to be sustainable and self-sufficient. I create my own compost to feed the garden with, I use stored rain water, I use the no till practice to plant my seeds, the ground cover stays intact and keeps the nutrients and moisture in the soil. I also practice planting companion plants together such as parsley and different varieties of tomatoes. I plant beans to put nitrogen back into the soil. I plant many flowers to attract the pollinators and the bees to my food garden. Soil is very important and looking after it properly is actually one of the solutions to solving climate change itself! The solution lies beneath our feet! Check out this inspirational documentary Kiss the Ground.

By: Joel Courtidis via email.

PoE Score:

Title: clean up walk

Other Information: Took the dog for a walk and cleaned up 2 bags of litter

By: charyn

PoE Score:

PoE Score:

Title: Using only paper materials, usually recycled, for packaging, and never plastic

Other Information: I now use exclusively paper tape, 100% recycled paper, and 100% recycled or reused boxes for packaging, and all new envelopes will be 100% recycled. Never plastic.

PoE Score:

Title: Gardening

Other Information: Persimmons, pomegranate, and peppers.

By: EcoWealth

PoE Score:

Title: Water System

Other Information: This is the water system for the a three story apartment complex in Turkey. Water treatment and distribution are interesting aesthetically, improvements to come from EcoWealth in the near future.

PoE Score:

Title: Flowers

PoE Score:

Title: Waterfall area cleanup

PoE Score:

Other Information: Olive Field and Pomegranate field, rooster too. New Plant too.

PoE Score:

Title: Hydrology

Other Information: These are the water channels in Turkey, they have these machines attached for siphoning, pumping, treating etc. Fascinating.

PoE Score:

Title: walnut collection and prep

Other Information: I collected and prepared walnuts for dry storage. First you collect the nuts, i collected 4 5gal buckets of fresh walnuts, after removing the soft outer husk i had one bucket of walnuts still in the shells. Then you vigorously wash the nuts several times to remove remaining husk pieces. After they are washed they must be spread out in a single layer in a warm dry place to cure for at least a month.

By: Jim

PoE Score:

Title: Gardening and House Plants

Other Information: My cousin’s garden is growing an amazing Beet and Watermelon. Also her house plants are real healthy.

PoE Score:

Title: Fireplace

Other Information: My EPA approved wood burning fireplace insert. Doubles the efficiency of the fireplace, reducing the cost and pollution created from heating my home. This will be my new primary heat source replacing the use of a natural gas boiler. I also buy a local lumber mills hardwood scraps to use as fuel to help reduce the waste they are producing as well.

PoE Score:

Title: Nice day out in the nature!

Other Information: Trees are growing, plastics are collected, mushrooms for the dinner!

By: Sorin Stoica

PoE Score:

Title: PPE

PoE Score:

Title: Oh look, a cheap mask someone did not dispose of properly!

Other Information: Yet another mask found! Imagine my luck! haha! Buy a mask you’ll value more here: https://teespring.com/egc-wellness-masks

By: Steve

PoE Score:

Other Information: 1st picture: my view after a heavy rain this morning. 2nd picture: Small walk. Plastics and rewards! 3rd picture: Left: a new compost pile, Right: an old compost pile ready for action.

By: Sorin Stoica via Discord.

PoE Score:

Title: My front tree

Other Information: I am growing this coconut tree on front of my house

By: Emerate

PoE Score:

Title: Paw Paws have grown

Other Information: This is an update on the Paw Paws I have shared several times, Things have not been easy in the camp but this tree has given lots of fruit and helped make it a little easier.

By: Ahmed Mohamed

PoE Score:

Title: Another day, another walk to clean my mind, my body and my landscape

Other Information: Bon appetit!

By: Sorin Stoica

PoE Score:

Title: Picking Up Trash

Other Information: …to set an example! https://youtu.be/m2PVGwKLpIU

PoE Score:

Title: Plant Speculation

PoE Score:

Other Information: No, I was not trashing this EGC mask, of course not. It was just in my other hand with the trash before I entered the public space.

PoE Score:

PoE Score:

PoE Score:

Title: Growing Strawberries

Other Information: Growing strawberries in my kitchen. this is the first bloom of the plant since it was placed in my kitchen.

PoE Score:

Title: Picking up trash

Other Information: https://youtu.be/PA7wMCX0de4

PoE Score:

Title: A small gift for our lovely planet

Other Information: All the plastics were collected today on our way back from this nice mountain peak.

PoE Score:

Title: Voting turnout letters

Other Information: We spent more than 40 inefficient and inexperienced hours in 6 days to prepare 70 voter turnout letters to unlikely-voters in swing states using the Vote Forward program. The letters and envelopes were made from recycled paper and the tape was paper-based. Everything except the ink was Made in USA, and Canon’s production line is virtually free of heavy fuel oil, so HFO usage was kept to a very minimum. Red, white, and blue stripes and stars were printed on the envelopes.

Written on each letter was “People have worked so hard over the centuries to prepare for this moment in time. We are now witnessing a crucial turning point for democracy. Please don’t miss your precious opportunity, because you deserve an equal voice. You are vital to our democracy and your values shape this country. The future of our democracy is now before us, and this process is imperative to everyone. You can do such good just by voting in this election. If every American always voted, then our democracy would be secured into the future. If voting didn’t matter, they wouldn’t try so hard to influence our opinions. Please accept the gift of participating in this election, because this is where your vision for the future is found.”

Multiplied 70 times, that is nearly 50,000 characters. The pencils were only slightly shortened, and no Canon cartridges needed to be replaced. If HP 63XL cartridges were used, 4 clunky chunks of nearly-empty plastic would already have been wasted. The Canon ink tanks are 2 times larger than normal and 5 times larger than Extra Large. That’s because HP makes no sense.

Multiple smaller batches were mailed, but because I only discovered this on October 16, they were all sent late, and rushing created too much paper waste. It was a reprehensible failure as it always is whenever I try to do anything. The photos only contain a small portion of the envelopes, of which are unsealed in the basket. I apologize for the lack of ‘proof’, but I do not have decent images to disclose of the inside.

PoE Score:

Title: The last catch for this weekend in the Mountains

PoE Score:

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Google Advertisement

Revain Reviews

Newsletter Subscribe

Putting economics to work for our ecosystem

By possessing EverGreenCoin you become the backing of EverGreenCoin. Your support in doing so helps all of our initiatives. By mining (aka 'Staking') you help even more and are rewarded for your computational work. Participants and donors are free to trade or sell EGC on the secondary markets. EverGreenCoin Foundation, Inc. does not receive any profits or financial benefits from these or any sale or trade of EGC on the secondary markets.