1 EverGreenCoin (EGC) = $0.1149311 (USD)
Wednesday, July 18th, 2018 04:32:44 PM EST

Android EverGreenCoin wallet

EverGreenCoin Forums Development Wallet Develoment Android EverGreenCoin wallet

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Steven Saxton 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Steven Saxton
    Keymaster

The Android EverGreenCoin wallet is nearing completion. For those that are not aware, the first Android EverGreenCoin wallet will not be capable of staking EverGreenCoin. The battery drain of staking would not be acceptable by most users of Android phones. However, we will have an Android EverGreenCoin wallet capable of staking in the future so Android users will have the option.

Steven Saxton
    Keymaster

This Android wallet pictured here is a non-staking version that is being worked on.

The Android wallet that is presently released is a staking wallet and has all other functions, including staking for charity.

EDIT: The above Android EverGreenCoin wallet was never completed because of budget constraints and the need for an additional VPS in the budget. It may proceed in the future but the staking Android became a more desirable and affordable option at that time.

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by  Steven Saxton. Reason: Clarification of pictured Android app above

Steven Saxton
    Keymaster

Both VERSION 2 of the staking android wallet and the VERSION 1 NON-staking wallet are in active development. Android users, I apologize for the slow-ish delivery of these two. Because both involve people in different parts of the world and different legalities, there have been very slight speed-bumps. But no worries! I am very persistent and aim to launch both this month. 🙂

Cheers!

Steven Saxton
    Keymaster

I am pleased to announce, thanks to the generosity of the EverGreenCoin community, we have reached our funding goal ($300) for the companion app to the EverGreenCoin-Qt app for Android devices. This companion app will make things easier for Android users to backup and restore their EverGreenCoin wallet.dat file, use a bootstrap, editing the .conf file, and more if they so choose to. The companion app is designed to get around certain Qt for Android limitations.

On that note, I am also pleased to announce, the EverGreenCoin-Qt wallet for Android will be added to the Playstore in the near future. Because of legal considerations involving the registered trademark of EverGreenCoin, this did take longer than originally expected. I do apologize for that but, Google did require sufficient legal documents from me proving the of ownership of the EverGreenCoin trademark before allowing entry to the Playstore.

More details will be made available as soon as possible. Thanks so much for the continued support!

Steven Saxton
    Keymaster

Still finalizing and doing final tests before releasing publicly. These tests, while there is no reason they should fail, are important to complete before releasing the APK for the companion app publicly.

Android EGC Manager 1.0 testing

Please allow 24 – 48 hours, as testing is time consuming because of multiple network synchronizations.

It won’t be long!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Google Advertisement

EverGreenCoin

22 EverGreenCoin users chatting now. Join Our Discord

Amazon Smile

Select 'Evergreencoin Foundation Inc' from smile.amazon.com before making your next Amazon purchase. The EverGreenCoin Foundation, Inc. will get 0.5% of select items purchase price from Amazon at no additional cost to you.

The AmazonSmile Foundation (USA) will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible purchases to the EverGreenCoin Foundation at no additional cost to you.
Select 'Evergreencoin Foundation Inc' from smile.amazon.com before making your next Amazon purchase. The EverGreenCoin Foundation, Inc. will get 0.5% of select items purchase price from Amazon at no additional cost to you.

Please consider supporting us the next time you shop Amazon.

Google Advertisement

Putting economics to work for our ecosystem

By possessing EverGreenCoin you become the backing of EverGreenCoin. Your support in doing so helps all of our initiatives. By mining (aka 'Staking') you help even more and are rewarded for your computational work. Participants and donors are free to trade or sell EGC on the secondary markets. EverGreenCoin Foundation, Inc. does not receive any profits or financial benefits from these or any sale or trade of EGC on the secondary markets.